Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

A Blog all about things in Hammer, along with the rest of the Source engine!

So, what is the point of this Blog...

Well, I figured I should start on my inspiration for Cordonation. So recently, I saw a blog created on Wordpress known as Nodraw. I found it a very interesting read, but sadly the last post on it was early 2012. I enjoy working in Hammer, and everything else within games like Team Fortress 2 and Counter Strike: Global Offensive. Having something to read giving me interesting tips and a lot of design know-hows to make the best maps possible is always good for you.



So, why not run one of these blogs myself!

I'm going to do my best to keep this blog up and running, though I'll most likely invite someone else to help write the articles. Who to do so? I unno, probably someone I think can write a good article. I'm not the world's greatest writer, but I will try my hardest to write good, interesting articles that can teach people things They wouldn't have noticed otherwise. Whether those things be something like a cool little trick in Hammer, or just how de_dust2 is detailed, I will strive to provide quality content that'll keep readers coming back for each new post. I will also try my best to keep in touch with the community, making sure that I can write a few articles that you guys are interested in seeing. Though I'll still try to surprise with things out of left field.

Not everything on here will be specifically Hammer either. I might have an article explaining how to TF2-itize a texture, or something on how players will react to screenshots of a map. I might even branch out of Source altogether for a few post, but most content on here will be general Source happenings. I'll try to make sure that I can provide an un-biased opinion aswell. I might talk why a map fails in detailing, but I hope I won't come off as too one sided, and affect the quality of the article and my legitimacy as a writer.

Sorry for the wall of text, just trying to get things out of the way. Now with all that through the window I think we can start on what matters, the content.

No comments:

Post a Comment